Monday, January 24, 2011

Dreams a.k.a. Burning Desire

That's an island I could own.  I'd like to own an island someday, but I want one that's already developed.  Wouldn't it be AWESOME to have a family vacation to your own island.  I have SO many other dreams as well, but this is a picture that I downloaded.  I can't remember from where, but I'm sure you could find it if you Googled "own an island."

Have you ever wanted something so badly that you HAD to have it?  When I was growing up, I don't think I allowed myself to dream that deeply, so the first time I remember a burning desire was in college.  We had an activity with a church group where it was a race and scavenger hunt.  Each of our names was put into a bowl and we each chose someone else's name.  The person whose name we had was the person we were supposed to chase after.  When we found a time to do it, we would touch them and say, "Gotcha."  I remember finding reasons to see these people just so I could get their card.  Then once I got their card, I would start chasing the person they were chasing next.  At the end of the game, I won.  Everyone was SO surprised because I was generally a book worm and not into that type of thing.  I didn't even get the prize because, to me, seeing the reaction of everyone when I won WAS the prize.

Now, that example really didn't matter in the scheme of life, but it was a BURNING desire.  When was the first, or latest, time you've felt BURNING desire? 

Napoleon Hill says it's key to achieving anything worthwhile.  Skip Ross says that in order to achieve any goal, you need three things: 1. Think of what you REALLY want, 2. Infuse all of your energy into it, 3. Write it down.  Even if you KNOW what it is- it's ESSENTIAL to write it down.

Again mentioning Napoleon Hill, in Think and Grow Rich, he mentions a sure fire way to achieve your dreams (he mainly mentions financial, but you can adapt it to other types of riches).  He also talks about figuring out what you REALLY want and writing it down.  He takes it a step farther than Skip Ross, however.  He recommends you read this statement, written in positive and present tense, out loud while FEELING as if you had already acheived that goal.

Sorry to cut this short, but I need to do that right now with my new goal.




You are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment