Monday, January 17, 2011

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr.: Right People Art Poster Print, 16x16
Martin Luther King I Have A Dream 24x36 Poster Print, 24x36 
As most of us in the USA know, today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  For those of you who don't know who he is or why he has a holiday named after him, I'll tell you.  He was a Human Rights activist who fought for rights specifically of Black people.  In those days, Blacks went to their own schools, couldn't vote, drank out of their own drinking fountains, sat in the back of public buses and things like that.  His most famous speech was entitled, "I Have a Dream."  You can read, or reread it here: MLK or you can watch it here: YouTube

Yes, there were others, many others, who contributed to the Civil Rights Movement.  I'm not trying to discount them.  I'm only trying to honor one man who did much good in this country on this day.

You are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment