Thursday, January 20, 2011

Purpose - what's yours?

The Purpose Driven® Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?
 
This is not an easy thing to discover - some spend their whole lives looking for it and others never find it.  I remember when I worked in a nursing home, the halls and rooms were filled with people who didn't have a purpose.  Not that none of them had a purpose, but many of them didn't.  As a Recreation Therapist, part of my job was to help find something for the residents to do, but that was just temporary.  Purpose is something you have to find on your own.

I've been learning and thinking a lot about purpose and what mine is.  I think, as my life evolves, so will my purpose.  I have some inklings as to what I'm intended to do while I'm here, but I'm not quite sure how and when these things will happen.  Good thing I'm a work in progress.  I love listening to Robert Allen each day when he says, "When I'm the me I was meant to be, I'm awesome."  That's a very non-threatening way of inspiring us to live up to our potential.

Above is an AMAZING book that may help you with figuring out your purpose - if you choose to accept it.
I try to live my life on purpose everyday, but I often find myself getting distracted by so many things.  I know that focus is one of the keys to success, so why do I let myself get distracted by things that aren't related to my purpose?  I don't know, but I'm daily trying to master focus.


You are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment