Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Restructuring

Haiti National Country Flag - 3 foot by 5 foot Polyester (New)
Haiti Flag - read below


So, things are a little different in my life today.  My husband and I had a talk -an accounting on the goal we made 6 months ago.  For me, it didn't go well.  I hoped it wouldn't come down to that, but it did. 


Because things went the way they did, it got me to thinking about why my business hasn't been as profitable as I had hoped, and I realized that there are things I know I need to do that I haven't been doing.  Over and over again, I keep hearing that I need to do the same things.  It just takes time and I was hoping for something to happen quicker. 


I also realized that in addition to not doing the right things, maybe I simply didn't work hard enough.  I recently watched a movie, Where the Red Fern Grows, where the main character wanted two hunting dogs so badly.  He said that when you have a goal this big and ask God to help you, you do all the work and He provides the strength and opportunity.  I don't know how true that is since I haven't achieved my big goal yet, but maybe it is, and maybe I was relying on Him too much to perform the miracle, but I wasn't working hard enough.  I feel like I was working hard enough, but apparently not.


I also realize that I maybe wasn't reading enough inspirational books and listening to enough motivational CDs.  I was so focused (at times) on acheiving my goal that I didn't take time to "sharpen the saw" as Stephen R. Covey would say.  With exercise, eating healthy, taking care of my baby, working on my business, reading, listening, serving (where I can), etc. - there's just WAY too much to do that I thought I could cut that out, but I guess that wasn't the best idea.


I've also heard, time and time again, about Napolean Hill's way to make any goal (mainly financial, however): Write it down, be specific, put a date on it and write a positive statement with all the previous components in a positive statement and read it out loud with passion twice a day.  I do it sometimes, but I'm not very consistent.  I need to become more consistent - starting today, once I figure out my next goal.


I know it's the beginning of the year, the time when people start thinking about goals.  I just found out an interesting fact, sortof related and sortof not: It has been one year as of today since the calamities that occurred in Haiti.  Their flag is the picture above.  It's clear to see, I'm not the only one restructuring.


You are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment