Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas - What I Learned

I Miss You: A First Look At Death 
 Well, I've known this before, but now that I have a child of my own, it makes more sense: Christmas is for children.  Once you become an adult, parents figure that you can handle it if you don't get the same amount or same cost for toys as when you're a kid.  I was talking to two family members who have three-year-olds and they were mentioning how their children were so excited for Christmas that they haven't slept or ate well the past few days or week.

Another thing I learned is that sometimes Christmas is a day to work.  Some of my family went to a movie, but I stayed behind because I have a project related to my business that I'm working on and that time was perfect because my son was asleep and the house was quiet.  I liked being uninterrupted and not having to worry about missing out spending time with family (I was for a little bit, but games are more my way of spending time with family rather than movies - unless I'm alone with my husband).

Another thing I learned again this year, but have known for a while, was that the anticipation of Christmas is often more fun than the actual day.  Don't get me wrong, it was fun spending time with family, but I always hope for more in the present department.  I was hoping for SOME money, but that didn't happen.

OK, so enough talking about Christmas but not really inspiring you.  Here's the inspiring part.  My grandpa passed away this past year in May and we were all given a picture with he and some of his best quotes.  That really inspired me and made me wonder what my life will stand for.  Have you ever wondered what people will say about you after you die.  What do you want others to say about you?  Have you ever written your obituary?  I challenge you to write your obituary of how you WANT to be remembered and live up to that obituary every day you're alive and people WILL say that about you after you die.

You are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment