Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Learning from Amway

Amway: The True Story of the Company that Transformed the Lives of Millions
Click on link if curious   

 I've been a part of Amway for a while, including promoting a product called Ribbon (see the next blog post).  I learned many things about selling and myself.  I just thought I'd share what might benefit others.  I learned this from books, my mentors and myself. Let me know if it helps.
  • Always show up 15 minutes early to appts, or at least leave wherever I am to PLAN to be 15 min early.
  • Act professional on phone always and SMILE (they can hear it through my voice)
  • Send thank you notes the day I do a presentation
  • My personal website is: lstarr1.ordermygift.com
  • Learn basics, then ACT!
  • Ask, “If I have an incentive program you like better, would you consider switching?”
  • Ask after presentation and told no (for sales companies), “If it improved your sales, would you consider it?”
  • For all other companies, if told no after presentation because of price, ask, “Is that the only thing stopping you from trying the product? What if I could make a deal with you to get you to try it out?”
  • When I go out to contact, act NOT TO make it happen (I can’t make anything happen without the Lord’s help), but ACT TO RECEIVE THE BLESSINGS THE LORD ALREADY HAS FOR ME IF I WILL JUST DO THE WORK – FEEL HAPPY AND GRATEFUL.  If there’s no other time I focus on the Secret, focus on it at this time!
  • Bring the Secret and All Business is Show Business each time I contact, for fuel if I get down and don’t want to keep going.
  • If person forgets appt., just be cool and re-explain what is happening with Ribbon.
  • As soon as I get home from contacting businesses in person, organize leads, or they pile up quick and I begin to forget their story that day.
  • After I organize leads, look in phone book for others I didn’t get contact info. for, take a break (or nap), and start calling THAT day!  Many gatekeepers give me info. on when they’ll be available later on that day
  • Bring #s with me for appointment in case there’s a problem.
  • if needed – short amount of time – fax ATTN: Dan) follow instructions needed on booth sheet.
  • Prepare my field to receive the rain.  Give God everything I’ve got and leave the results to Him.
  • I can do this!  I can teach others to do DITTO, and I just need to expose these products to others.  WhenEVER I sell products (maybe to Ribbon and maybe not), give samples – I still have Artistry samples, XS, and can buy sample bottles.
  • Place “Shiny New Object” then on the next page deliver with a story
  • How to talk to people and ask leading questions, without making them suspicious
  • FORM – Family Occupation Recreation Message/Money – get people talking about themselves and ask, “So, have you ever thought of doing your own thing?” and leave it at that and talk to them about it later.  Listen for product needs.  Only talk to them about business if they mention how it might be beneficial to them.  Start with “well, in that case…”  Ask questions that will get me more information – “Oh really, why’s that?” or “What makes you say that?” or “How does that change things for you?”  MAKE PEOPLE FEEL COMFORTABLE  - I used to be good at that, I’ve gotta get good at that again – think of what questions Jesus might ask in order to get a greater love for people, or one of the greats in the business world
  • I’m acting the part I want – I’m an actress daily
  • Understanding comes from studying
You are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment