Monday, December 6, 2010

My Christmas Wish

No, that was a Christmas wish over 4 yrs ago ;)

My Christmas wish this year stems from a walk I took with my son today.  I like to say hi to everyone I pass- I don't really know why.  I just know that we're all God's children and every person deserves my care and consideration  just for that simple fact.  Many people either looked at me funny or ignored me as we passed each other.  Others, however, smiled warmly. 

It seems like many people these days just go about their daily business and don't notice others around them.  We were all put on this earth at this time in this place for a reason.  Maybe there's someone in your path today whom you can help.  I'm not perfect at this, but I'm constantly praying for an opportunity to help someone I meet.

I'm not saying all of this to say, "Look at me, aren't I wonderful!"  I'm saying this because I'm setting up my Christmas wish.  I wish that more people would notice those around them and give a little nod, smile or hi.  We are creatures who love to feel like we belong, even from a stranger.  I wish more people would just be kind to others, not because they want something in return, but just because it's the right thing to do.

My other Christmas wish is that people would pick up after themselves.  Please don't litter.  This earth is ours to share and we only have one earth, so, please treat it with respect.  We can't do everything, but we CAN do something.

I know many of you are doing these things, but for those of you who aren't, please help fulfill my Christmas wish.  It doesn't cost you any money, but everyone can do it.  Thank you for reading.


You are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment