Friday, December 17, 2010

Life

Game of Life             
I don't know how your life goes, but it seems that every step in my life prepares me for the next step, sortof like the game of Life.  Right now, I keep learning more and more about affiliate marketing.  The more I learn about affiliate marketing, the more I realize I have already learned.  I have been working with a coaching company for the past  several months helping me learn to blog.

There are many steps in this coaching and in each step, it taught me another thing about blogging and how to promote my blog as well as create content rich enough to be ranked higher with Google.  In case you're curious, this is my second blog, and I haven't quite used all the steps I used on that blog yet.  Click here to visit my other blog.

My point in mentioning this is that I have attempted many businesses since then and it seems like everything I do to promote those other blogs/websites comes back to what I learned with this coaching program.  So, it didn't directly help me build a business, but it helped teach me the foundation steps so I can be more successful with other businesses. 

It reminds me a lot of the movie The Karate Kid (or if you prefer the original The Karate Kid Collection (Four Film Set)).  If you're not familiar with the movie, I definitely recommend watching it.  Basically what happens in part of it is this kid wants to learn Karate and this teacher teaches him karate lessons by building a foundation on what he needed to know without the kid being aware that he was learning karate.  I can understand how he felt.  When I started learning about blogging, I was doing all of theses steps that I thought were useless and time-consuming.  I though, "When am I going to start making money?  Why am I doing all of these steps that aren't making me money?"

If you don't want advice, don't read any further.  My advice to anyone who's in a similar boat, feeling like what you're doing isn't giving you the results you want right away, BE PATIENT.  If you're working with mentors who know what they're teaching, trust them and keep following their counsel, even if things are taking a little longer than you'd like.  Also, if you don't understand why others are telling you to do certain things that have worked to help them be successful (in whatever area of life in which they ARE successful), follow and trust anyway.  It will make sense later.

You are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment