Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jim Kwik


Try to add value everywhere – head and heart greatest asset – Called supergenious – he has been CNN, Harvard University, with the Dalai Lama and others – he can read a book a day -

No such thing as good and bad memory just trained and untrained memory  - 2/3 of memory is how you’re training it with food and water and exercise, etc. –

My inspiration was my desperation – he uses memory (try to remember) when he has a break –

Thinking is a very difficult process, that’s why most people don’t do it –

What is my motive for action?  Needs to go from head to heart to hands –

Transcend= end the trance that we’ve weak and that we can’t do it –

Wealth and memory go hand in hand – we need to leverage memoty – the most costly two words in business is “I forgot” - #1 business etiquette


M=Motivation – reasons precede results – what you practice in private, you get rewarded for in public – the mind is the best investment -
O=Observation – pay attention – STOP inner dialogue – be present
M=Mechanics – the process, tips, strategies, skills – mental process – my mind is like a supercomputer and the program running in the self talk – Whatever’s good for your heart is good for your head – NET – no extra time – I AM the expert – no one knows me better than me


Remember names or remembering something else
B= Believe I can be good at remembering names (manage self-talk)
E= Exercise – practice – practice makes progress – it takes effort

S= Say the name right after I hear it -
U= Use it intelligently in the conversation – 3 or 4 times
A= Ask about their name – take interest in their name
V= Visualize – TIP=Turn Into a Picture
E= End with their name as you say goodbye

To Speed Reading
Biggest problem is sub-vocalization – then I only read as fast as I speak instead of as fast as I think

 To get one of his books, Doing business, smarter ... better: what was your name again? How to make your networking more memorable.: An article from: Westchester County Business Journal

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lisa,

    i could not get the Amazon book links to work.
    do you have working links?

    Kind regards,
    Marek

    ReplyDelete