Friday, November 12, 2010

K-LOVE



I don't know how many of you are aware of this radio station, but it's a Christian radio station.  There are many inspirational words about how God can help with your life.  I think we all know that letting God help us with our lives (business, relationships, health, weight, job, emotional or mental state, etc.), but how many of us allow Him to actually help us change our lives for the better.  To me, there are WAY to many variables with business (especially Network Marketing) to NOT have God be a part of it, every day, guiding me.

The songs on K-LOVE talk about a love - deep and intense - for God and partnership with Him.  One example of lyrics I heard this morning are: "I'm divin' in, I'm goin' deep, in o'er my head I wanna be.  The river's wide, the river's deep....so sink or swim, I'm divin' in ("Dive" by Steven Curtis Chapman)."  Although, I know that if we trust in God in ALL our dealings, we cannot sink.  If we dive in deep, like the song mentions, He will lead us to what we want, or something better.  Over and over again in success seminars I keep hearing that God often has something better in mind for us than we have for ourselves.

Another part of a song that really inspired me this morning is, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, as we wait upon the Lord ( "Everlasting God" by Lincoln Brewster)."  Just in case you're wondering, that is from the Bible, Isaiah 40:31.  It took me a long time to realize what "waiting on the Lord" means.  If you want to discover it for yourself, read no further.  To me, waiting on the Lord means doing your part, and all you can do to solve the problem and when you don't know what else you can possibly do, either He'll guide you or He'll solve your problem for you at that point - "in his due time."  Over and over again in a nativity play I was in, those words kept popping up.  God's timing is ALWAYS perfect - even if we want things to happen sooner or in a different way.

On a similar, but different note: one of my FAVORITE songs on K-LOVE has a chorus that says this, "We live, we love, we forgive and never give up 'cause the days we are given are gifts from above and today we remember to live and love ("We Live" by Superchick)."  Another part of the song says, "What's it gonna take for us to wake up and live the life we're supposed to take up ' cause life is worth living."  As I've noticed in my own life, if you don't think life is worth living, the problem is that you're thinking too much of YOU and less of others.  If you're depressed right now, of course, listen to the licensed professionals.  But, while following professionals counsel, I think one thing that can cure depression faster than anyone else is helping someone else.  We ARE spiritual beings and, as spiritual beings, one of the closest ways we can get to God while here on earth is helping other people.
 
K-LOVE just inspires so many people on so many levels.  I encourage you to listen.  Since I don't know where all of you live, I'll just recommend the website:  http://www.klove.com/  You can listen online or, if you'd like to find the radio station in your area, go to the website and click on "Music Room" then "Radio Stations" and type in your zip code and it will tell you what frequency on which you can listen to K-LOVE in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment