Friday, November 19, 2010

Sam Crowley


Disclaimer:  I listened to Sam on www.YouWealthRevolution.com/now but something happened to my notes, so I’m piecing them together from Darius Barazandeh’s Facebook page (he’s the host of You Wealth Revolution) and stuff Sam said on www.everydayissaturday.com and the URL below.

His story is AMAZING!  Read it on http://www.sixdaystosaturday.com/special
           
    Yet, he doesn’t share how he got his domain name on this website, so let me share it to the best of my memory.  I may get some of it wrong, but this is the jist of it.  After he had his “AHA!” moment with his daughter and decided to make everyday Saturday, he was looking online and noticed that someone had the website EverydayIsSaturday, so he, being a little nervous and calling underneath his desk on a Tuesday afternoon, called the person who had the website to ask them about it.  He didn’t know if that person would call back – if it was a major corporation or CEO of a company.  He got a call the next day saying, “Look kid (he thought it was funny being called a kid at 35 years old), I’m 70 years old. I bought the domain and I was going to put some hunting or fishing pictures and share them with my buddies, but never did anything with it.  It sounds like you’ve got something special, so I’m giving it to you.”  WOW!  What a life changing moment for him.  I’m sure that added fuel to his fire of needing to make everyday Saturday.

This whole message is basically about monetizing your passion.

The first four steps to making everyday Saturday are:
  1. Feel the pain of your current situation and write down how you want your future to be – describe it in detail on a sheet of paper.
  2. Discover your real passion you’d like to turn into a career if you could find a way to make money at it
  3. Research that subject and see how others are making money at it
  4. Find a mentor (could be Sam – check out the websites above if you’d like to buy his product – he talks about different things on 6 CDs – to be equivalent to 6 days) – oh, he said something about this that really impressed me – when you’ve found someone who could either be a mentor or partner, ask them: “How can I serve you?”

      In relation to this, he said something I really felt was profound.  Someone asked a question related to this: “How can I do this if I’m working a full-time job?”  Sam responded by saying, “Let’s say you only have 3 hours a day to work your passion – one hour when you get to work but before you punch in, one hour at lunch (and if others ask you to join them for lunch you say no – then you work on your business), and one hour after the kids go to bed.  That’s 90 hours a month and 1,080 hours a year you’re working on that dream.  Don’t you think you’d be closer to that dream if not having achieved it within a year?”

     He didn’t say these on the You Wealth webinar, but I thought they were poignant, so I thought I’d include them here in the end.  One is “Life isn’t a dress rehearsal – you’ve only got one shot!” and the other – title of his Thursday CD “Failure is a verb, not a noun.”  Think about those …until next blog post.

Thanx 4 your energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment