Saturday, November 13, 2010

August Rush

August Rush [Blu-ray]


One of my very favorite movies is August Rush.  It just tells of the mystery and beauty of music and of nature and just the wonder of what's all around us that many of us don't even recognize.  To me, I could watch it nearly every day and get still so inspired.  You just have to watch it to understand.  I don't know how else to describe it.  The last line is "Music is all around us.  All we have to do is listen."

If you haven't watched the movie, I have an activity you can do to prepare yourself to understand the movie a little better.  Make sure you spend at least 15 minutes, with no distractions (or cell phones).  Go outside and sit down on the grass.  Close your eyes.  Just LISTEN to the sounds you hear, nature or man-made.  Listen to how they all connect, in a symphony, like they were planned to interact that way.  There's no way to fully describe it, again, the best way is to experience it for yourself. 

I'm sure many libraries have it, or check Netflix or Redbox.  If you like it so much, you'd like to buy it, August Rush (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] or August Rush [Blu-ray].

Let me know your experiences with it.  Is is almost a spiritual experience all the way through for you like it is me?  Do you simply like the music like my mother-in-law?  Do you like the acting or plot?

No comments:

Post a Comment