Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude

Gratitude
 
      On this Thanksgiving day, on a day that is NOT a speed bump on the way to Christmas, I feel it appropriate to discuss gratitude.  To me, from what I've learned, gratitude is the ultimate way of giving back and being on the best vibration to be able to receive as well.  Gratitude is what we can give to others, God/the Universe for all that they have done for us.  Gratitude can also be a way for us to be kind to ourselves and be our own best friend.  Gratitude is something every person can give, no matter how little money or time you feel you have.  Gratitude can only multiply what we have into something more.
     Please, whether as a comment or in your journal, write what you're grateful for today, or someday SOON.  Don't put this exercise off because it is SO very important for you.  I'm going to write some of the things I'm grateful for here (in no particular order of importance):
  • My energy, even when I don't get enough sleep
  • My healthy body
  • My eyes and the fact that they see
  • My ears and that they hear
  • My hands and that they can write, type, touch, feel, grasp, pull, pick, wash and many other things
  • My freedoms that I enjoy
  • My strength
  • My husband and that he goes to work, even when he doesn't feel like it
  • My baby
  • My baby's laughter
  • My baby's smile
  • My baby's curiosity (sometimes)
  • My legs and that I can walk
  • I have the opportunity to volunteer
  • I can make money doing something I love
  • I can love others
  • I can feel others' love for me
  • Food
  • Clothing
  • Shelter
  • Heater in winter and air conditioning in summer
  • I can be a stay-at-home mom to watch my baby grow up
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Facebook so I can keep in touch with family and friends
  • Dreams
  • Hope
  • Charity
  • Faith
  • Religion and how it can lead me to God if I do my part
  • Business and how it means we don't have to all work jobs if we don't want to
  • Baby gate so I can cook and clean and still have my baby see me
  • Songs and music in general
  • Radio/tapes/CD/MP3s
  • Water
  • Sign Language
  • Computer
  • Internet
  • Wikipedia
  • Google
  • Yahoo
  • Inspirational movies and books
  • Time - I have 24 hours a day to do what's most important to me
I could go on all night, but I won't.  I'm sure you have some of these and some of these you don't, but I'm also sure you have some things as well that are NOT on this list.  Feel free to share all or some of those with me.
Thanx 4 your energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment