Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monetize Your Passion


I was SO inspired with Rich German that I got his book (downloadable copy for free, I might add, from www.richgerman.com) and I started reading it yesterday because I plan to do just that - monetize my passion.  I will continually update this post as I read more of this book.

Most of it is paraphrased (pages are in parentheses) some is quoted (with " obviously) and some are my thoughts (with * around it)


After Rich German conducted 17,000 coaching sessions since 1999, he discovered that people mainly want two things: Freedom and Happiness (27)

Feeling good needs to be our number one priority in life (28) – *Rich says this, but so do many others like Natalie Ledwell and Bob Proctor and others who believe in the Law of Attraction* –

My Happiness is determined by dominant emotion – I can only feel happy or unhappy (29) – “Your dominant emotion is a habit you create.”


“Are you a life-aholic or a work-aholic?  Do you have a lifestyle or a workstyle (30)?”

*I guess my life is in chaos because Rich says when you’re in chaos, you feel like time controls you, you’re under constant pressure and there’s no harmony or flow (30)*

*The lifestyle described on page 34 sounds like a dream come true - I guess that’s the point* 


Forgot to have you do the self-assessment in 12 categories (30):
1. lifestyle vs. workstyle,
2. balance vs. chaos,
3. financial freedom vs. financial stress,
4. great health vs. being sick,
5. great energy vs. being tired and drained,
6. love vs. fear, 7. spiritual connection vs. spiritual disconnection,
8. living on purpose vs. lost,
9. Meaningful relationships vs. shallow relationships,
10. Mental clarity vs. mental chaos,
11. Experiencing life vs. feeling stuck,
12. Happiness vs. frustration

     *I just had an “aha!” moment with this.  I was thinking that if I had an abundance of money, my life would be about the same, but, no it wouldn’t.  If we had an abundance of money, I wouldn’t have to be an apartment manager and that would free up 5-10 hours a week, not to mention some of my phone minutes.  Also, I would hire a maid and possibly a cook, so that would free up even more time and I wouldn’t feel like I’m neglecting my baby.  Most of my time is spent either cooking, cleaning or taking care of my baby.  I wouldn’t want to hire out taking care of my baby (I feel like that’s the most important work I could be doing right now), but I personally don’t need to clean my apartment/house/apartment building.  Yes, now I need to, but when I make more money I won’t need to if I choose not to.*

This is a life-fulfillment test (35) on a scale of 1-10, 1 meaning horrible and 10 meaning wonderful:

Me Now                                                            Me in 6 months
Happiness:
Happiness:
Spiritual connection:
Spiritual connection:
Energy:
Energy:
Physical health:
Physical health:
Nutrition and exercise:
Nutrition and exercise:
Connection to spouse/partner:
Connection to spouse/partner:
Connection to kids/family:
Connection to kids/family:
Integrity:
Integrity:
Business/finances:
Business/finances:
Contribution/purpose:
Contribution/purpose:

*7+7+7+7+6+4+7+6+4+6=61 now
9+9+9+9+9+9+6+9+9+6+8=93 6 mo
I learned that I’ve got a long way to go, but I think I can do it.*

I already mentioned this in my Rich German post, but I think it deserves another look-through (37). ―”Stop settling for what‘s good enough and start creating art that matters. Stop asking what‘s in it for you and start giving gifts that change people. Then, and only then, will you have achieved your potential. For hundreds of years, the population has been seduced, scammed, and brainwashed into fitting in, following instructions, and exchanging a day‘s work for a day‘s pay. That era has come to an end and just in time. You have brilliance in you, your contribution is valuable, and the art you create is precious. Only you can do it, and you must. I‘m hoping you‘ll stand up and make a difference.
—Seth Godin”



No comments:

Post a Comment